“I hated my teeth. I absolutely hated my teeth. I had real big teeth, they looked like my fingers. That was the space between my teeth I had big gaps…”
“Before I had braces I had developed this way of concealing what I felt were my flawed teeth and mostly I just smiled with a closed mouth. When I came to really smiling I just pulled back, because I was really aware of how my mouth looked. So I went to my orthodontist and she took one look in my mouth and said if you want to be healthy then you should probably get braces, so I did. Then when I got my braces off I am just so much happier. It was so fabulous to just know with confidence that you have this beautiful white smile. It sounds silly but its made a huge difference with my level of happiness…”
“When I was in my 20’s my teeth started crowd towards the front. The bottom teeth, one of the teeth started to recede towards the back, the other teeth started come forward and take its place.”
Here are some cool tips to keep your smile bright and beautiful after professionally whitening your teeth.
To prolong the life of your new smile try the following:
- Avoid dark-colored beverages for at least an hour or two after your whitening treatment.
- Some beverages that tend to stain your teeth are hot tea, more so than cold tea, red wine, coffee and dark berry juices such as grape and cranberry juice.
- When possible, sip dark-colored beverages with a straw.
- Practice good oral hygiene – brush and floss after meals and before bedtime.
- Remember to get a professional cleaning twice a year.
- In fact, if you really want to know the best time to do whitening, its right after a professional cleaning. The reason is the tooth picks up a hard "SHELL" of minerals and microscopic food particles that sort of plug up the pores of the tooth. During the professional cleaning this shell is polished off and the pores are readily available to absorb a whitener for the best results.
- Before going out, use your take home whitening kit.
- This will brighten your smile brighter than it will stay normally and last about 2 hours at a "SUPER" bright level. This is the gem of all.
- For those of you who have already done whiteners you know that when you first take the trays off after having worn them for an hour or two the teeth are at their very brightest.
- So, if you are getting ready to go out and you are fussing with your hair and makeup or going through a couple of changes of clothes to see what's perfect, you should be wearing your whitener trays.
- In fact, you can wear them all the way over to your party or where ever you're going and then pop them off just before you make your entrance and see how many rave reviews you get on your smile. It doesn't get any better than this. Now of course the lucky folks who already have the white veneers don't have to do this.